S201. Statistical Hypothesis Testing: Comparing Two Groups. 30 CE course Hours
Course Description: This course teaches statistical hypothesis testing and its application to group comparisons; issues of power and sample size in study designs; and random sample and other study types.
Objectives: At the end of this course, you will 1. Understand statistical hypothesis testing and its application to group comparisons 2. Know issues of power and sample size in study designs 3. Learn about random sample and other study types.
Course Format: Online linked resources and lectures that you can use anytime 24/7. One multi-choice test.
Course Developer and Instructor: R. Klimes, PhD, MPH (John Hopkins U), author of articles on various subject based academic rigor and Healthcare disciplines.
Course Time: About three hours for online study, test taking with course evaluation feedback and certificate printing.
Course Test: Requires 75% right answers for a passing grade (linked at the end of the course).
S201. Statistical Hypothesis Testing: Comparing Two Groups, 30 CE course hours, $63
Professor Rudolf Klimes, PhD, welcomes you to this online course. Keep going.
START the course here. TAKE the exam at the end.
Study the following lecture slides from John McGready and John Hopkins School of Public Health:
- Part 4: The Paired t-test and Hypothesis Testing
- Comparing two groups—the paired data situation
- Hypothesis testing—the null and alternative hypotheses
- p-values—definition, calculations, and more information
- Part 5: Comparing Means Amongst Two (or More) Independent Populations
- CI’s for mean difference between two independent populations
- Two sample t-test
- Non-parametric alternative, Mann Whitney
- Comparing means amongst more than two independent populations: ANOVA
- Part 6: Comparing Proportions Between Two Independent Populations
- CI’s for difference in proportions between two independent populations
- Large sample methods for comparing proportions between two populations
- Normal method
- Chi-squared test
- Fisher’s exact test
- Relative risk
Use These Resources:
Statistical Calculator: See links at course S01 above.
Statistical Library: See links at course S01 above.
TEST: Click here for the self-correcting test and online payment, and receive your certificate immediately online.